Planning for working with Formal Education
This is a course for arts & cultural organisations and individuals who are interested in developing an approach to working with schools that makes the most of what you offer in terms of arts and cultural activities and the resources you have to promote your work to teachers.
Whether you offer a one off cultural experience, a residency or a project this course will save you time and resources in supporting you to plan your work in a way that meets the needs of teachers and children and helps you build more satisfying and fruitful relationships and partnerships with the formal education sector.
We are offering an opportunity to work alongside experts in the ever changing field of education, a Head Teacher, and arts & cultural organisations with a track record of success in developing long and deeply rewarding partnerships with schools.
“I found the Planning for Formal Education course extremely useful. I learned how I could better tailor our company’s offer and discovered the many challenges schools face. I recommend this programme to anyone who is serious about working with schools in a meaningful way.”
Strawberry Words Ltd
We are bringing together a wide group of specialists to provide:
- high quality, reliable and up to date information about the education sector
- knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and how it can help you be more effective
- understand more about the context for working with schools in multi academy chains, teaching schools and local authority schools
- know more about how Arts Award and Artsmark can enhance your offer to schools
- learn how to shape your offer to the needs of schools giving you a greater chance of building on going partnership work
This course will help you develop a plan for action that is bespoke to your organisation and includes new ideas to address some of the common challenges.
The course is approx. 5 days in total and you will be able to apply for our training bursary of £125 per day for non NPOs and £100 a day for NPOs.
The 2017 course dates are as follows:
- Weds 29 March – 9.50am – 3.00pm (mac)
- Thurs 30 March – 10.00am – 16.00pm (mac)
- Weds 3 May – 10.00am – 3.30pm (mac)
- Thurs 8 June – 10.00am – 3.30pm (mac)
- Tues 27 June – 10.00am – 1.45pm (The Studio)
- Thurs 6 July – Tea Party for schools (mac)
If you are interested in booking a place please contact Susan Goodwin