University of Wolverhampton
Who we are
The University of Wolverhampton (‘we’ or ’us’) are a ‘Data Controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation (including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation) and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This notice explains how the University and Arts Connect collect and process your personal information.
Information We Collect
We obtain personal information about you from the following sources:
a) Information provided by you:
- You provided personal information upon registration with Arts Connect, whether, online or in person;
- You provided your personal information through our website;
- Completed and/or returned surveys or response/feedback forms such as contact preference forms, including by mail, in person and via electronic means;
- Registered to attend an event;
- You provided personal information as part of discussions with any of our team or representatives, such as Arts Connect, Arts Council England, Trinity College.
b) Third party sources:
- Organisations that assist the University of Wolverhampton in pursuing the purposes described below, media articles, company or charity registers and filings, and other sources available to the public at large, such as the world wide web.
We may process the following personal information about you:
- Your title, full name (including former name or alias), gender, date of birth;
- Your contact information, address, telephone number(s), email address;
- Your business details, including positions, organisation, professional memberships and qualifications;
- Your career highlights and other lifetime achievements; Your CV.
- Your outside interests and memberships;
- Your financial information (including your bank/building society details);
- information available through the media or the world wide web;
- Your attendance at events and meetings.
- Other information you share with us.
Personal information we collect about you may include “special categories” data, such as information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs, physical or mental health and criminal offences/proceedings. “Special categories” data would only be processed where you have provided it yourself (with your consent), for example during discussions with any of our representatives or where such is recorded for the purposes of assessing accessibility requirements arising as a result of a disability, or where this information has already been made public or processing is required by law.
How We Use Your Data
Arts Connect’s aim is that all children and young people in the region can access and enjoy a rich and meaningful arts and cultural life. We collect personal information to enable us to deliver our services and to better understand our community so that we can better meet your needs and improve our services.
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
a) Administrative purposes:
- To verify your identify/account and provide you with a personalised experience when dealing with Arts Connect ;
- Event registration;
- To keep a record of communications between us; and your attendance at events or meetings.
b) Monitoring Purposes
- To produce anonymised reports which are shared with our funders and other partners.
We may carry out further data research independently or with third parties to assess your likelihood of contributing towards widening the charitable purposes of the University by way of time, expertise or monetary value. This may include collection and storage of additional information about you, where such is available in the public domain, such as career history, directorship, shareholding and/or remuneration, in addition to the data which we already hold or has been provided by you.
If you would like to opt-out of the above Research activities, please let us know. See ‘How to Contact Us’ below for further information.
We may, from time to time, contact you by email, post or telephone to pursue the purposes mentioned above and in particular for the following reasons:
- To keep you up to date with events and activities at Arts Connect and our partners;
- Invite you to events, which may be of interest to you;
- To keep you up to date with other relevant information, which we think may be of interest to you.
If you would like to opt-out of the above Communications, please let us know. See ‘How to Contact Us’ below for further information.
Who your information may be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to other companies within our group, third parties working in partnership or on behalf of the University, and/or Government Agencies where required to do so by law.
Your personal information is held on a Salesforce database. Read Salesforce’s privacy statement to find out more.
Your data will be kept securely on Arts Connect’s Salesforce database and on Mailchimp and Eventbrite where applicable. It will not be sold. It will not be shared with anyone who is not connected to The University of Wolverhampton and will only be used for the purposes for which you have given us explicit permission.
Where we contract suppliers to support our work (i.e. to deliver training) we will share information necessary to enable them to do so effectively. All such suppliers will have signed a non disclosure / confidentiality agreement with the University of Wolverhampton
Where personal data is processed by a third party, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the data is processed strictly according to the instructions of the University, for the relevant purposes only and securely destroyed or returned upon completion/termination. We take reasonable steps to ensure that third party processors are subject to written legal obligations in respect of data protection and the duty of confidentiality.
We do not sell or rent any personal information or data supplied by you. We may compile aggregate statistics and provide them to third parties, but we do not include personal information that identifies individual users.
We may retain your personal information for a period of 4 years or as long as necessary and in line with our statutory/regulatory obligations where appropriate.
If you wish to request for any of your records to be removed from database, or would like to opt-out of any or all communications from the University of Wolverhampton, please see ‘How to Contact Us’ and ‘Rights of Data Subjects’ below for further information.
Rights of Data Subjects
a) Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please visit the University of Wolverhampton Data Protection web pages available here.
b) Right to correct mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do so, please write to us (see ‘Contact Us’ below) and provide us with enough information to identify you, as well as, inform us of the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
c) Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
If you would like to amend your mailing subscriptions or unsubscribe from Arts Connect, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawful basis for processing
The University may rely on one or multiple grounds for processing your personal data including:
- You have provided consent for the processing;
- There is a contractual commitment to provide the services and, therefore, processing is necessary to meet those contractual obligations;
- The information is available to the public at large; and/or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests of the University or other third parties and does not affect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the individuals concerned.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any queries, suggestions or issues please do not hesitate to contact Arts Connect on 0121 4463204 via email to email@example.com or you can write to us at the following address:
Midlands Arts Centre (MAC) Birmingham
Cannon Hill Park
If you have any concerns or believe that your personal information is being handled in a manner which is contrary to statutory requirements, you may wish to contact the University of Wolverhampton’s Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or complain to the ICO via www.ico.org.