Through Arts Award young people gain a nationally recognised qualification enabling them to progress into further education and employment. Arts Award has five levels, four of which (Explore, Bronze, Silver, Gold) are recognised as Entry Level 3 and Levels 1, 2 and 3 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Arts Award Discover is an introductory level.
What does Arts Award involve?
- At all levels, children and young people work with an Arts Award adviser. This is a trained adult who supports young people in gaining arts experiences, provides guidance and assesses arts logs and portfolios. Teachers, teaching assistants, museum learning staff, art practitioners, youth workers and volunteers can all train as advisers.
- An Arts Award can be based around any arts or media activity, and can be completed in a wide variety of settings – like youth clubs, arts centres, schools, colleges, theatres or community groups.
- There are no entry requirements, no time limit for completing the award, and no set rules on how to present final work. Young people just need to be aged under 25, and ready to explore new creative experiences.
Arts Connect offers a range of support to professionals who work with young people – we can give you more information on Arts Award and how you can become an Adviser or we can help you develop your offer if you are already trained.
Arts Award Investment Programme
We are offering support to schools and organisations who are interested in starting Arts Award in their settings or progressing beyond offering one level of Arts Award.
Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents; it is creative, valuable and accessible. Arts Award can be achieved at five levels, four accredited qualifications and an introductory award. Through this support scheme, we want to extend the reach and delivery of Arts Award and are offering a contribution of £500 towards the cost of Arts Award.
Investment for Arts Award Progression Programme
Are you already delivering Arts Award and would like to include higher levels of Arts Award at your school or organisation? Arts Connect is offering support to schools and organisations working with pupils at only one level of Arts Award but wish to deliver more. This programme will help organisations to progress from delivering one level of Arts Award to delivering two or more levels.
Investment for Arts Award Start-up Programme
Are you interested in starting Arts Award in your school or organisation? Arts Connect is offering support to schools and organisations who are interested in starting Arts Award in their settings. This programme is available to all settings working with young people in the West Midlands who are not currently offering Arts Award.
Investment Applications 2018 – 19
Application Opening date and Application closing date
• Round 1- Mon 23 April 2018 Mon 25 June 2018
• Round 2- Mon 10 Sept 2018 Mon 12 Nov2018
• Round 3- Mon 7 Jan 2019 Mon 4 March 2019
Details of the programme are here.
For further information contact Rebecca Thompson.