We aim that that by 2021:
1: Learning professionals in formal and informal education sectors value and engage with arts and cultural learning by:
- Providing a universal support and information offer for schools and the wider education sector.
- Targeting interventions in priority places to develop learning professionals as leaders and advocates of arts and culture.
- Providing a school improvement programme through established school networks to develop teachers, children and governors as leaders in the arts and cultural education.
- Running the Artsmark school improvement programme for learning professionals.
- A professional development programme for arts and culture professionals in learning and participation.
- Targeted interventions to increase the skills, knowledge and confidence of the workforce in the potential of digital, other specific areas and specialist art form networks.
- A leadership development programme for the cultural sector.
- The cultural and education sectors with actionable data and intelligence to increase the level of engagement and quality of cultural experience for young people.
3: Cross sector partnerships are delivering improved cultural opportunities for children and young people by:
- Providing support, targeted interventions and investment into Local Cultural Education Partnerships in response to identified needs and priorities.
- Building a culture and practice of learning and knowledge development within and between LCEPs.
- Developing new partnerships and attracting investment into LCEPs with a focus on non-arts funders.
- Developing partnerships with the country wide ‘Bridge’ network and strategic regional and national partners to attract resources and investment into the region.
4: Arts Connect is recognised by the education and cultural sectors as the ‘go to’ place for arts and cultural education support and development by:
- Increasing awareness of the brand and our offer to learning settings and arts and cultural sector professionals and organisations working in cultural education.
- Developing our digital presence and use of social media platforms to significantly increase our followers and users.
- Promoting and celebrating the achievements of young people and organisations in the region and making more visible the opportunities for young people.