Would you Like to be Part of the Refreshing the Curriculum Tea Party Event ?
Looking for ways to reach teachers and promote your specialist programmes to schools? Do you have the experience and specialist workshops/programmes to Refresh The Curriculum through the arts and culture?
Arts Connect is providing an opportunity to promote your education programme directly to teachers through a market style event with themed discussion tea tables. Previous events have sold out with over 100 teachers attending. This successful event is happening again on TBC 2020 at the Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham 2.30 – 5.30pm.
As we have been oversubscribed for stalls in previous years, organisations/artists are requested to register their interest and places will be confirmed by 1 May based on the following criteria :
- Balance and range of art forms.
- Mix of individual artists, small and large organisations ( a number of spaces have been reserved for emerging artists and organisations who have not had a stall in the past).
- Under-represented groups in the arts and culture sector reflected.
- Only organisations based in and working in the West Midlands can apply (West Midlands in this instance includes the urban local authorities of Birmingham, the Black Country, Solihull, Coventry, Stoke on Trent and Telford & Wrekin as well as the shire counties of Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire).
- Product based commercial organisations cannot apply.
How can I get involved?
1. Host a small stall with ideas/info presenting project ideas for your work/organisation.
2. Offer a hands-on dropping session to engage teachers (an extra table space available for stalls delivering hands-on activities).
3. Deliver a hand-on/demo session OR lead a discussion tea table focused on marketing/discussing your own programmes linked to the following 2020 themes:
- Digital Activities (practical demo/hands-on)
- Activities supporting mental health & well being
- Using arts activities in new ways to develop quality writing (fiction / factual)
- Using the arts to develop STEAM subjects
4. Offer ‘tickets/free tours’ as prizes for those signing up to the contact sheet to be shared with arts organisations involved
How will it work ?
Teachers will have time to view the stall and have conversations with yourself and an opportunity to take part in 1 of 2 hosted tea table sessions (where they engaging in focussed discussion with you over their tea & cakes). The event will also include Artsmark and Arts Award. There is no charge for arts organisations to participate. The event will be widely promoted through postcards, eflyers, on-line booking , social media and arts educational networks.
How will my organisation benefit?
It’s an informal way to reach new school contacts and promote your offers and education packages/projects. All contacts from the event will be shared with arts organisations attending (agreed in advance with attendees). Each school will leave with a pack of promotional material with your contacts. It’s a focused event reaching over 60 schools /120 teachers with minimal cost to your organisation.
What next ?
If you would like to be involved apply by 3 June at 5pm to be a partner by completing the online form to register your interest. Places will be confirmed by tbc