Call for an organisation / individual with demonstrable youth leadership development skills and experience working with formal education settings.
- Online information session (optional): Thursday 8th July 2021
- Application deadline: Friday 3rd September 2021
- Interview process: Week beginning 13th September 2021
- Decisions released: Wednesday 22nd September 2021
- Commission begins: Monday 15th November 2021
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation. We particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, African, Caribbean and Asian heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity
Commission Budget: The fee is up to £3500 inclusive of travel and VAT; based on the individual / organisation being responsible for own tax and NI on a freelance basis subject to an IR35 check.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual/organisation with demonstrable youth leadership development skills to work with teachers and young people from secondary schools, SEND schools, colleges and FE settings in the West Midlands (up to 9 settings.)
Each education setting will be delivering an Arts Award programme at Bronze, Silver or Gold level with a group of students. Successful applicants will work with the lead teacher and group of students to build their youth leadership knowledge and skills.
The commission will include:
- Planning and delivering a half day group CPD session for teachers from up to 9 settings around building youth leadership opportunities and programmes within formal education settings.
- Leading half day planning sessions with each of the settings around developing youth leadership practices within their current Arts Award project, planning a practical student workshop and future strategies for growing youth leadership opportunities.
- Delivering a full day youth leadership workshop with a student group/class from each setting linked to their Arts Award project.
- Attending Arts Award Adviser training at relevant levels if required.
The commission will total the equivalent of 14 days across 9 settings.
Find the full brief here.
If you would like further information or would like to discuss the brief please email Becky Thompson.