We run a range of events for different sectors, including development days for Artsmark schools, CPD activities for artists and much more. Browse our calendar to see what’s happening and click into each event to find out more and register your interest.
This workshop is for those
This workshop is for those who have submitted a Statement of Commitment, completed the majority of intended activity and are writing their Case Study.
The two hour session will help you to reflect on your Statement of Commitment, review the arts activities that you have implemented, get support in areas you are unsure about and hear from other schools at the same stage as you.
Arts Connect will provide support on drafting your case study through:
- Reviewing your action plan and any sections of your Case Study that you have completed
- Synthesising the evidence from your activities
- Reflecting on the Self-Assessment tool
- Making sure that you have correctly filled in the Case Study document
Participants should bring along a copy of their action plan, Statement of Commitment and any other evidence that they wish to refer to.
There will be opportunities to hear other schools’ stories and find out how they are approaching this part of the Artsmark journey.
“The dreaded written component”: teaching
“The dreaded written component”: teaching the language of drama / theatre making
Date: 4 July 2019.
Time: 4.15pm – 6.00pm.
Venue: The Birmingham Repertory Theatre.
Whether it’s ‘Component 3’ for Edexcel, ‘Performance & Response’ for OCR, ‘Paper 1’ for Cambridge, ‘Unit 3’ for WJEC or ‘Component 1’ for AQA, there’s an inherent agony to the process of articulating such a physical, visual art form. The language demonstrated by exam bodies is often uninformed and inadequate. This session is a chance to get together and ‘talk shop’, just as creative teams do during the first week’s rehearsal at The REP. We will explore more useful, inspiring language, look at how directors really talk to actors and how designers express their vision.
The session will be led by Alex Summers, Director of Learning & Participation at Birmingham Repertory Theatre.
A great chance to:
- Pick up some ideas from colleagues and arts organisations and find out about opportunities and developments both regional and nationally.
- Network with teachers and arts organisations to share practice and issues.
- Refreshments provided.
Book your free place here.
If you have submitted your
If you have submitted your Statement of Commitment and are thinking about how to evidence your achievements in your Case Study, this is the session for you.
The purpose of this session is to:
- Plan how you will complete your Artsmark Case Study
- Gain a clear understanding of how to evaluate the impact of Artsmark and arts activity within your school
- Increase awareness of the Arts Council’s quality principles of arts education and how they apply to your work
- Create an action plan for your Artsmark journey with evaluation methods and key dates
- Ensure that you will meet the criteria to attain the Artsmark level you are aiming for
You should bring along a copy of your Statement of Commitment, School Improvement Plan, Self-assessment Tool, the Quality Principles document and any evaluation tools you already use.
There will be opportunities to hear other schools’ stories and discover how they are approaching this part of the Artsmark journey.
If you would like to go to an evaluating impact session, but cannot get to Birmingham, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further options.
Hello and welcome
Hello and welcome to the Artsmark community. You are part of a growing number of schools who are championing Arts and Culture and we are here to support you.
The Artsmark Development day is a full day of CPD for two members of staff (one must be a member of your Senior Leadership Team). The purpose of the day is to explain your journey ahead, to support high level planning for the arts and culture in your school and to give you the opportunity to network and share ideas and planning with other schools in your area.
You will only need to register 1 ticket per school-this covers both members of staff. Please enter details of both members of staff under 1 ticket.
For more information about the Artsmark process, please go to http://www.artsconnect.co.uk/what-were-doing/artsmark/.