Current Aims & Objectives
Coventry CEP aims to ensure that every child and young person in Coventry has the opportunity to experience cultural learning activities that enable them to flourish, thrive and be optimistic about their futures. We will work to ensure:
- Coventry is an inclusive and fun cultural and creative city where children and young people are excited about engaging with their diverse and dynamic communities.
- Talent (interests and passions) is recognised, developed, and supported from a young age to early careers in the cultural and creative industries and beyond.
- Information is shared in a clear and targeted manner.
- Impact is measured and understood and this information is used to inform future activities.
- Formal and Informal education providers and the cultural sector work in partnership to provide appropriate cultural opportunities for young people.
So that more children and young people in Coventry are:
- At the heart of cultural decision making; better able to navigate and influence their local cultural offer.
- Able to participate in a range of quality cultural education activities in a variety of settings.
- Aware of career and development opportunities.
- Better able to navigate and influence their local cultural offer.
- Able to access cultural provision locally and across the city.
- Able to engage with cultural activity at school, with their families and friends, and in their communities.
- Able to see themselves in the cultural offer and those who deliver it.
And so that we can see:
- Cross sector Collaborations between artists, arts and cultural organisations, schools and communities to deliver targeted programmes based on needs assessments.
- Young people and teachers better able to identify appropriate cultural offers as a result of better communication of offers.
- Young people and educators are better able to commission and co-produce programmes of activity.
- Cultural and educational organisations working and planning together at a strategic level, influencing policy and practice.