Current Aims & Objectives
CCEP is a network of professionals and organisations that offer learning opportunities for children and young people between the ages of 0-30 years in Coventry. It includes people from the creative and cultural sector, from formal education settings such schools, universities and colleges, and from early years and informal education providers.
Together we aim to ensure that every child and young person in Coventry has the opportunity experience cultural learning activities. To help us achieve this we:
• Provide opportunities for the ‘learning’ and ‘cultural’ sector to work together
• Give advice and support to organisations about how to creatively engage with culture in education and learning settings
• Offer professional development opportunities for teachers, artists, and other professionals
• Create space for formal and informal conversations about cultural education
• Coordinate a network of ‘Cultural Champions’ in education settings across Coventry
• Regularly share information via dedicated social-media and newsletters
Coventry will be UK City of Culture in 2021 and the CCEP are working to ensure that all children and young people have opportunities to take part in the cultural activity and benefit from the opportunities that this year will bring in our city.