Current Aims & Objectives
Creative Connections Herefordshire is a partnership of organisations committed to improving opportunities for children and young people in Herefordshire.
Creative Connections has three distinctive aims:
1. Increase participation in arts and cultural activity
- To bring partners together from across the culture and education sectors, combining experience, knowledge and expertise to create transformative learning opportunities for children and young people in Herefordshire.
- To ensure the voices of young people are heard in cultural planning and delivery.
- To develop activities for children and young people as creators and encourage them to develop their cultural lives and into independent engagement.
- To ensure that more young people have access to high quality creative and cultural activity both in and outside formal education
2. Increase levels of accreditation and recognition
- To raise the profile of Arts Award in schools and aim to increase the numbers of young people undertaking Arts Award qualification in Herefordshire.
- To promote the benefits of Artsmark to schools and help to increase the number of schools with Artsmark status.
3. Increase the buy in and active support of local, county and regional stakeholders
- To communicate culture as a driver and vehicle for positive change and work with cross sector partnerships to deliver cultural activities with shared outcomes.
- To develop networks for change, sharing resources, strategic aims and best practice.
- To work with our local communities and develop new ways of working together.