Current Aims & Objectives
We share a vision that children and young people in Shropshire aspire, achieve, progress, and take the lead, in and through arts and culture. In ten years we believe that there will be an increase in home-grown arts and cultural leaders living and working in Shropshire. We aim to:
- Develop a connected arts and cultural infrastructure able to support and sustain access to a diverse range of high quality activities for children and young people in rural and urban, Shropshire.
- Create a clear pathway of opportunities for children and young people to engage, and progress, in arts and culture as participants, makers/creators, audiences and leaders.
- Collaborate to identify gaps, and opportunities, in provision and take steps to address, and improve, the offer.
- Raise the profile, and increase the understanding, of the value of the arts and culture to children and young people, supporting adults, and the community as a whole.
- Advocate, engage, and influence, stakeholders and decision makers locally, regionally and nationally.
- Provide a mechanism for organisations, agencies, and representatives from the arts, heritage, cultural, education and learning sectors to work actively in partnership to share expertise and knowledge, and improve quality and communication.
- Attract and increase resources to improve provision of arts and cultural activities for children and young people.