Current Aims & Objectives
We will work together to achieve the following aims:
- Develop a shared effective communication approach that profiles publically the universal and targeted strategic cultural offer for children and young people.
- Provide quality information, advice and guidance around the arts, culture and Heritage sectors to ensure access and progression at all ages, to raise aspirations, provide role models, and career opportunities such as work experience/placements, internships, apprenticeships.
- Work with membership, to ensure progression routes for young people into FE, HE and the Creative industries.
- Ensure there is a high profile offer for children and young people in Sandwell that involves access to local, regional and national experiences and opportunities.
- Ensuring the voice and interest of children and young people are at the heart of the SCEP to support the codesign, development, development, dissemination that will inform services and strategic vision.
- Ensuring the cultural offer supports children and young people in developing their sense of identity, ownership and pride in their community.
- There are clear pathways for young people to engage in arts and culture.
- Decision makers are supported to advocate and plan for arts and culture.
- There is a connected arts and cultural infrastructure able to provide sustainable access to a diverse range of activity for young people.